Medical marijuana use has been very popular these days. And these products came in different varieties. Some can be smoked, vaped, or ingested. Most of them are incorporated in patches, dried products, essential oils, tinctures, and even edibles. One of the best benefits of the sativa strains is that they can be used for medicinal purposes. But among the different types, the edibles are the most convenient and much-preferred these days.
Understanding What Edibles Are
Edibles are any food or drink that is made with cannabis extract or oil. This means that these products have been infused with THC, CBD, and sometimes both. If smoking and vaping is not an option, then for sure the edibles are the tastier alternatives for you. And unlike smoking and vaporizing, the edibles can be easily absorbed since it passes through the gastrointestinal system.
Types of Edibles
If you think edibles is your choice, then know that you have different types to choose from. Depending on your preference, most of these are convenient and much-preferred by many cannabis product users.
- Cannabis-infused Foods. Your first option would be cannabis-infused foods. It can be in the form of baked goods, candies, sauces, chips, and even bacon. Just think of any food where you can use butter, milk, oil, sugar, or flour. Any of these can be used to turn into an edible.
- Cannabis-infused Drinks. Another good edible option is cannabis-infused drinks. Many companies these days are now experimenting with producing different edible drinks with cannabis, like teas, coffee, soda, and even alcoholic drinks.
- If the above suggestions are not an option for you, then you can try tinctures. These are edible types that are meant to be absorbed through the mouth and tongue. This is a very potent option that is usually alcohol-based extracts placed under the tongue using the dropper that commonly comes with the product. This is then absorbed into the bloodstream giving you more control of your dosage compared to other options. You can also use the tinctures and add it to your food or drinks.
- CBD Edibles. You have to remember that not all edibles are psychoactive. In fact, CBD gummies are infused with cannabinoids, flavonoids, fatty acids, and terpenes but it does not have THC. This type of edibles should contain less than 0.03% of THC. This means that you will not experience the same ‘high’ as other products.
- Cannabinoid Powder. This is relatively new to the edible options that you can find online. The cannabinoid powder is usually tasteless and odorless. Thus, it makes it a good option for those who want to use cannabis for medical reasons without having to deal with its taste. The powder is dissolvable so you can basically mix it into your drinks or add it as an ingredient to your meal.
Wanting to experience the medicinal benefits of these edibles without THC’s psychoactive effects is important for many users. And usually, these edibles are available for purchase online. Still, you have to make sure that you are purchasing from a trusted source to ensure the safety and legitimacy of your edibles.