So, if you’ve known someone who has been suffering from mental health issues, you must have decided about seeking the help of an online therapist or as you call them an e-counselor. But given the plethora of choices and options that you have, how can you be sure that you will end up choosing the best one in the market? When your loved one is already struggling, selecting the best online therapist can become a herculean task.
Ending p with the most appropriate therapist who can help you to his utmost level can be scary indeed. It is a commitment and it is normal to consult with many people before choosing an online counselor. Read on the concerns of this post to know more on the right chemistry.
Questions to ask while consulting an e-counselor
Now that you’ve ultimately got the e-counselor online, what should you do next? What do you need to ask to decide whether or not it is a perfect fit? Here are few pointers and tips that you can use while making an informed and educated choice while choosing the online therapist.
- What kind of services do you expect from the counselor?
- Were there any complaints or bad reports on the license of the online therapist?
- Will the therapist help you in every walk of life?
- Will you be able to feel comfortable with your therapist?
- What kind of therapy do they leverage? In what way is it going to different from the other kinds of therapies? What should be your expectations?
- Would you wish to return to the online therapist?
- Is the e-counselor licensed in your state?
- Can you be assured that the therapist is experienced and qualified enough to deal with certain concerns which you’ve been facing?
During the consultation process with the therapist – What to ask
- What type of system does the therapist have in order to retain your private information and keep them secure?
- Will I feel comfortable with the kind of technology that is needed for an online therapy?
- Can you conduct video session via a secure portal that is HIPAA compliant?
Online counseling – What are your goals?
You should see whether the counselor has a general sense of how it would feel to work on such a therapy and what sort of goals it should be. What are the main qualities that you’re looking for in an online therapist? When you consider the different options, take them into account in terms of therapeutic approach.
So, now that you know how you can choose a worthy e-counselor, you can take a close look at http://www.e-counseling.com/ for more information on e-counselors and online therapists. Seek the help of them and get a better life.