A smile with perfect white teeth is, for us, the reflection of a healthy life. With the passage of time due to poor diet, our lifestyle and lack of dental hygiene, the health of our teeth suffers and that is reflected in their color, going from white to gradually become yellow.
However, there is a natural remedy with which we will get easy and economical to whiten teeth again: activated carbon, a natural substance that is used to eliminate all kinds of toxins. In this article, we will explain how to whiten your teeth with active charcoal easily and effectively.
What is activated charcoal and what is it for?
Activated charcoal or active charcoal is a chemical that comes from calcined forests and can also be made from the combination of charcoal, wood, peat and coconut shell. Activated carbon differs from natural by its gas content and, because of this characteristic, its porosity. Thanks to this richness in gas, this product becomes a substance with powerful absorbent properties that traps all kinds of toxins.This is why activated carbon is used as a natural remedy for the following cases:
- It is a natural medicine and very effective for cases of overdose or having ingested some toxic substance as it absorbs toxins and expels them through the digestive tract.
- It is also used to purify water and air from chemicals harmful to health.
- It is recommended for digestive disorders like swelling of the stomach.
- It prevents aging as it helps in the elimination of harmful toxins and free radicals for our skin.
- It is used as a poultice for stings or bites of spiders and other insects.
You may also be interested in: How to brush your teeth after a curettage
How to Whiten Teeth with Active Charcoal
Thanks to its absorption power, activated charcoal is a good remedy to whiten the teeth naturally and without damaging the dental enamel. Active charcoal absorbs all the toxins accumulating in our teeth to give them the natural target they had. In addition, active charcoal not only whitens teeth naturally, but also find other benefits such as caries prevention and gingivitis.
To get teeth whitened with activated charcoal, just follow these simple steps:
- Put the activated charcoal powder or open a capsule and turn it on a flat container.
- Then wipe a clean toothbrush with water until it moistens and rub it with the activated charcoal to adhere it to the bristles.
- Put the toothbrush smeared with activated charcoal quickly into your mouth so you do not stain anything.
- Now you have to brush your teeth by making soft, circular motions for 2 minutes. Do not rub the brush against your teeth strongly.
- When you have brushed your teeth with active charcoal, spit the substance and rinse your mouth very well so there is no residue left.
With this natural remedy you will surely get results during the first week if used between 2 and 3 times a week.
Activated charcoal can be found with any natural remedies store or herbalist either in the form of powder or in capsules. It is very important that you look at the label or ask the store manager and make sure the product comes from sources of wood and is not made from oil.
You may also be interested in: How to care for my teeth
Recommendations before using activated charcoal to whiten your teeth
It is very important that before starting to use this product, take into account a series of recommendations for the use of active carbon in the teeth :
- Before using, make sure you are not allergic. If you have had an allergic reaction you should not use it.
- Do not use it on children without first consulting a pediatrician or specialist.
- If you are pregnant it is also advisable to consult your doctor first.
- In case of intake, active carbon can cause constipation and black stools.
Other natural remedies for teeth whitening
In addition to using this product, you can find many other home remedies to whiten your teeth that are very effective and simple:
- Rinse with coconut oil: it is a good remedy to whiten your teeth as it contains antibacterial properties.
- Bicarbonate of sodium: being an alkaline product becomes a very effective remedy to eradicate bacteria and stains on the teeth. In addition, the chemical composition of bicarbonate makes it a natural bleach.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This food condiment is also a good natural remedy for your teeth because of its antibacterial and antiseptic properties that eliminate the toxins stored in our teeth.
- Homemade toothpaste : Unlike industrial toothpaste, these types of toothpaste are not made with toxic ingredients but with other more natural ones that will help you both whiten your teeth and have good dental health.