I understand that shaving or waxing different parts of your body on a regular basis can sometimes be bothersome. Luckily, there is a procedure known as laser hair removal that is more permanent and effective than the two. For a long time now, people have resorted to electrolysis for lasting hair removal but the treatment has proven inefficient since it involves treating each hair strand at a time. This can not only be time consuming but also, very painful. As a result, laser hair removal remains as the only viable option.
If you are not used to laser hair removal, the following points will help you understand the procedure well.
- Laser hair removal is ideal for people with dark hair and light skin. This is because; laser beams are mainly targeted to pigmented tissue of the hair. Although people with different types of hairs such as grey, red, blonde and white hairs can still undergo the procedure, the results might not be as appealing as on those with a dark hair.
- Laser hair removal can be done on most body parts except the head. However, it is important to note that this is a more expensive procedure when compared to other hair removal methods. Furthermore, the cost depends on the size of the area to be treated.
- You need to attend 6 to 8 sessions to get the best results.
- The good thing with laser hair removal is that it has minimal side effects. The most notable side effects of laser include soreness, darkening or lightening of the area and swollen skin. Luckily, cases of serious scarring or blistering are very rare. To ensure that you get the right treatment, go to a recognized center for the treatment.
- Most professional laser hair removal specialists will conduct a thorough consultation before starting the procedure. This is to fully understand your medical history and in some instances do a test on a small area of the skin to see how well you respond to the treatment.
- Before starting laser hair removal treatment, it is important to adhere to all instructions given by the clinician. For example, you are not supposed to sunbathe or wax the area to be treated several weeks before the treatment.
- Laser treatment involves the use of a laser beam that acts on the hair follicle. The follicle is the place where hair begins to grow. Laser beams creates heat that kills the hair follicle. And that is why the device is fitted with a cooling device to bring down the temperature of the skin. Normally, it takes several sessions to completely remove the hair from the skin and thus, you should set aside enough time to attend the treatment. This is given that each session lasts for a period of between 15 minutes to one hour depending on the area to be treated.
- When you go for a laser hair removal treatment, the skin is first cleaned out before the procedure begins.
Laser hair removal is largely a simple procedure but when you have the right knowledge and information on the treatment, things will become easier for you.